Welcome to the cyber abode of the allocated wine offerings list, aka “The Cherry List.”
With The Cherry List, you’ll gain access to the best small production, rare, and allocated gems the market has to offer. This doesn’t necessarily mean the offerings are automatically expensive (though often they ain’t exactly cheap), but rest assured all the wines offered via The Cherry List have that X factor: they’ll most often be tiny production, artisanal, hand-tilled gems available in such small quantities that big-box retailers wouldn’t want to bother.
The intent is that this high-end (or otherwise rare) inventory comes in through the back door and out through the front on a pre-paid basis, so everybody wins: The Wine Goddess becomes your one-stop shop for rare and hard-to-find wines, and the recipients on this email list get über-competitive pricing because we won’t have to carry the inventory. It’s an accountant’s dream!
A few administrative points:
- All cherry orders must be pre-paid in full; if an item appeals to you, call the store with your CC number and we’re good to go.
- There is no minimum order on Cherry List offerings; you may order by the single bottle—though twelve bottles or more nets an additional 10% off.
- Most wines will be available for pick up within a few days’ time, although some may be warehoused on either coast and will need 3–4 weeks delivery time. I’ll let you know if it’s the latter.
- There will be time limits on these offerings of 7 days as we’ll have to let our distribution sources release our allocations should they remain un-purchased.
- Completed cherry orders will remain in our (60-degree) basement until picked up; please let us know if we’ll need to store any orders longer than 30 days.
Lastly, please note that aside from these allocated wine offerings,
The Wine Goddess will source any wine under the sun as long as A) it’s in local distribution and B) an order from a single distribution source meets a $200 minimum. Let us know what you’re looking for and we’ll track it down. Or, if you have any other questions,
email us or call the store: 847-475-WINE!